Thursday, June 16, 2011

Music for Running



I have a confession. Running is my time to bust out all the guilty pleasures on my ipod. Most of them aren't really that guilty - Abba, Yaz, Rihanna, Jay-Z the occasional Lady Gaga. Like everyone, I think I have impeccable taste in music. I'll listen to just about anything with the exception of reggae and pop-country.


I am facing a dilemma though. I am TIRED of all my music. There is only so much you can listen to when you're out there for 90+ minutes before you are sick of it all. I got some XLR8R  and FACT podcasts last night and am looking for more exceptions or, even better, mixes...






The advantage of running with the iphone is that I can log in to Pandora so at least a decent mix comes up. Right now I am a big fan of the Salt-n-Pepa station. What can I say? It reminds me of high school in a good way! Oh and how good was this song?




At the gym there are TV's attached to the treadmills where you can choose videos. Say what you will, but Rihanna's video for "Only Girl in the World" is so aesthetically pleasing I just have to listen to it every time. It's that wonderful techno fauxcoco (yes I made that up) Juicy Couture meets Pipilotti Rist aesthetic without all the horrible things that are Juicy Couture. The art direction is impeccable. I'd put every shot of it up if I could. It has backward fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment