Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This Week's Training Schedule

WEEK 3: 18 Mi
TueJun 14Easy RunDist: 3 Mi @12:34
ThuJun 16Tempo RunDist: 5 Mi, inc Warm; 3 Mi @ 10:55; Cool
SunJun 19Long RunDist: 10 Mi @12:34


I can't believe I am about to say this but 12:34 miles are TOO easy for me? I am still pretty wiped out from Sunday's 10 miler.

Right now this week's obsession is finding the right pair of shoes. I went to Jackrabbit last week and learned that I have an over pronation, which explains my constant I.T. pain. Everyone has some sort of balance issue and the good news is you can get run of the mill training sneakers that adjust to this.

Of course I can't make a decision so I have ordered several pairs online and will do short treadmill tests until I find "the one." When you're running 26.2 miles, you want to be comfortable. But really, it's not the race, it's the 100s of miles before then that I need to worry about!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, IT band pain? Suuuuck.

    When I had that I regularly used one of these muscle roller thingys

    http://www.all3sports.com/imageserver/images_big/RPIMARA.jpg

    and it really helped over the long run. No pun intended. Har!

    ReplyDelete