Sunday, September 11, 2011

15 Miles (which really was closer to 16 or more)

of course I have to start with a plug for my fundraising for the Lower East Side Girls Club.  My goal is to raise $5000 for them and I have about $1200 to go. Every little bit, even $10 helps. Please visit my donation page HERE.

 These very long training runs are incredibly intimidating. Yesterday I was scheduled for 15 miles and I missed my last long run due to Irene, I knew it was time. I am not much of a morning runner so I got out around 3. Luckily it was a nice day here and I prepared well ahead of time, eating a large dinner with rice and beans on Friday night.

These runs become all day affairs, taking about 3 hours and basically wiping you out for the rest of the day. (I tried to get an image of a map but it didn't work)

I started out on the Lower East Side and went down Houston, up the Hudson River Park through Riverside Park, up to Columbia to take care of some business. I made it back down through Central Park. The run up the West side is really great.

In the end it was great to have finish it at the very bottom of Central Park on such a beautiful day! I tried to take an ice bath after but it was pretty unsuccessfully.

(the glasses are embarrassing but I need them and lightweight is just necessary)

I capped off the day with a visit to Sleep No More, an interactive performance based on Macbeth where you run around a giant warehouse in Chelsea for 3 hours. Fun but perhaps a bit too much! No one in New York should miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment