Friday, September 9, 2011

it's been a while since I have posted

First of all, once again thanks to Bird Brooklyn for their super support in my effort to raise $10,000 for the Lower East Side Girls club. I still have a ways to go - please visit my donation page here.
If it wasn't for these girls I'd have bailed a long time ago! But they're worth all of this!

The official map of the marathon is here!
what have I gotten myself into? Ahhh!

Here's my issue of late:



training for the marathon has not been what I expected. The longer runs take me out, the 4-5 mi runs have become incredibly easy...my IT Band  plagues me on a daily basis. I need A LOT more sleep and have to eat a lot and WELL to feel good. Every day I feel like there is a new "item" I need to purchase.  This trusty strap has been working wonders:



Inbetween all this planning this is the daily life that comes in between. I GOT MARRIED on August 15 to the most wonderful guy I have ever met.  And even ran 7 miles in the pouring rain in Vermont the day before!


I moved and my last run was from my new place in the Lower East Side to my old place WAAAAY out in Queens (clocking in 13 miles and conquering the dreaded Queensboro Bridge).

I was really really looking forward to the Bronx Half Marathon a few weeks ago but that pesky storm known as Hurricane Irene meant no race for me...or anyone!

My latest funny injury is...I kid you not...minor frostbite! Long story but my ice pack had an actual ice cube stuck to it...it's like a burn, complete with blisters





I've actually seen many great things on my runs and will document more in as I continue my training.
I have 15 miles planned for tomorrow, yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment